2015 June 23

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 23 JUNE 2015 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

: Cllrs. Cole (Chair), S. Harris, K. O’Hara, S. Henderson, R. Barrett, M Smith, Millar and P. McGill.

APOLOGIES: A. Bond, PCSO Reynolds.

ALSO PRESENT: 1 Member of the Public, County Cllr. Timewell.

Clerk: Mrs. S. Martin

PCSO REYNOLDS:

PCSO Reynolds was unable to attend the meeting, but had sent a crime report for the period 26 May – 23 June 2015: No crimes reported.

The next street surgery will be held on 7th July 2015 at 18.00, at the village hall.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC:

Peter Brice handed out documentation regarding the ‘Footprints on the Sands of Time’ book and covering delivery, costs, complimentary copies, publication day and the launch, and publicity and marketing. Costs were originally expected to be £5536, but have overrun and risen to £6095 plus fees. Peter has purchased an additional 500 copies, some of which will be complimentary copies, but the majority for the WPC. The book was discussed to be launched at the Worsted Festival on Saturday 25th July 2015 @ 2.30pm. Discussions were held regarding the marketing of the book and how to proceed, including where/how to sell the book, suggestions included Wroxham Barns, Tourist Information, National Trust, Roys and Jarrolds. Cllr Barrett will speak to Gay Webster about publicity in North Norfolk News, EDP and Just Regional, and for Peter to give a background to the book. It was agreed that a separate meeting be held to discuss this further and make plans.

Clerk to speak to Barnwell’s to arrange delivery of the books after the binding is done.

Peter was thanked for his generous offer to pay for the additional books and all present looking forward to seeing the final book.

A resident from Meeting Hill explained that the village is at the end of the telephone cable and therefore internet connections often don’t work, or are very poor. He has investigated ‘gap funding’ where BT ascertains how much money they will contribute to put a box into the village and the residents have to pay the rest. This can be done via grants, which will be investigated by the resident.   The grants would be applied for by the Parish Council, but there would be no financial cost incurred. It was questioned if Sandy Hill is in the same situation, this ned to be investigated further. All present agree to support this.

HANDYMAN:

Mr. Chapman reported that two weeks ago the drains at Scarborough Hill had been flushed and also at Holgate road, which should hopefully mean that water coming from the tip and Hadfield’s should not now flood. The potholes in Holgate road have also been marked so hopefully should be looked at soon. Mr Chapman has also been tidying Ruin Road.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:

District Cllr. Williams: did not attend the meeting.

County Cllr. Timewell:

Cllr Timewell informed all present that the NDR has had the consent to go ahead. There is a 6 week delay for any objections to be made, but hopes this will go ahead in November. The next plan will be to 360º the NDR.

The Council have taken on a waste deal to take rubbish to Suffolk County Council until 2020.

The County Council is to save £153 million over the next few years.

Cllr Timewell reiterated that although there have been questions about the roads in the village, there has been no injuries, it was unlikely that there would be any money spent as there are other priorities. The residents in the village know the roads and the local area.

Cllr Timewell asked if there was anything for him to take back ? Not at this time.

CORRESPONDENCE:

–  North Walsham Town Council;    –  Age UK;    –  Reece catalogue

Public Participation finished at 19.35

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY23 JUNE 2015 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:

The Cllrs. apology was accepted.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 26 MAY 2015:

Cllr. Barrett proposed to accept the minutes as a true record, Cllr. Henderson seconded and all Cllrs. present agreed.

Resolution: To accept the minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any:

None

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

None

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (M2):

Cllr. O’Hara proposed to accept these as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Harris.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

To consider the following invoices and resolve whether to make payments for

1 – SR Print & Design Parish Newsletter May 2015                                              £156.00

2 – Norfolk Parishes Training Partnership Introductory Training for new Cllrs and Clerk                                                                                                                                              £ 140.00

3 – J. Gardner: Salary April-May                                                                              £ 465.91

4 – S. Martin: Salary April-June                                                                                £ 559.85

5 – Kevin Eke – Internal Auditor                                                                               £ 100.00

6 – Historic Environment Specialist – Images for ‘Footprints’ book                 £ 519.00

7 – To consider and resolve whether to transfer £3500.00 to Business Rate Tracker Account

Resolution: All invoices accepted for payment, and transfer agreed and signed.  

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE:

To allow local businesses to have links on the Parish Council website and charge for this service (see email 04/06/15)

Resolution: It was agreed to list alphabetically local businesses requested (within the parish) on a page of the website and to include a link to their web page. A small standard sized logo could also be shown. There would be no charge for this. There must be a disclaimer to state that those listed are not the view of WPC.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDENCE:

NNDC Recycling Remittance (£192.53)

Confirmation renewal AON Local Council Insurance Policy

Pensions Regulator

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Henderson and Millar):

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATION FOR PLANNING

APPLICATIONS, (NOT) ITEMISED:

From North Norfolk District Council:

PF/15/0640 Windy Ridge, Meeting Hill Road – Variation of Condition 2 of planning permission ref: 14/1009 to allow alternative facing brick and window styles

PF/15/0729 Two Ways, Low Street, Sloley – Demolition of rear conservatory/utility

and erection of replacement single-storey link extension.

Resolution: To have no objections or comments on both applications.

From Norfolk County Council: Ref.:

C/1/2015/1014 – Boundary Pitt, Sandy Hills Lane, Old Yarmouth Road – Variation of conditions 1 and 9 of planning permission C/1/2015/1005 to allow importation of green waste on Sundays (April to October inclusive)

C/1/2015/1016 – Boundary Pitt, Sandy Hills Lane, Old Yarmouth Road – Variation of conditions 1 and 2 of planning permission C/1/2015/1007 to allow importation of green waste on Sundays (April to October inclusive)

C/1/2015/1015 – Boundary Pitt, Sandy Hills Lane, Old Yarmouth Road – Variation of conditions 1and 2 of planning permission C/1/2015/1006 to allow importation of green waste on Sundays (April to October inclusive).

Resolution: All 3 applications were supported.

TO CONSIDER MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANY FURTHER APPLICATIONS, IF RECEIVED: None.

NOTICE DECISION FROM NORTH NORFOLK DISTRICT COUNCIL: 1: Permission / 2: Refuse:

1: PF/15/0043 Briggate Farmhouse, White Horse Lane, Briggate: Conversion of agricultural barn (Barn 2) to residential dwelling

1: PF/15/0478 Worstead VC Primary School, Honing Road, Lyngate: Erection ofdetached single-storey classroom

2: PF/15/0403 Laburnum Cottage, back Street, Worstead, North Walsham, NR28 9RN: Erection of two-storey rear and side extension

PROGRESS REPORT: Chimney and Car park:

No progress received at this time. Clerk to request a progress report with NNDC.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett)

PROGRESS REPORT ON RELOCATION OF FITNESS EQUIPMENT:

Rospa will be visiting on 25th June 2015 to look at the fitness equipment and suggest relocation if necessary. Cllr. Barrett to investigate via LCA a local inspector for next year.

PROGRESS REPORT ON THE KICKING WALL (blown over in strong winds)

Cllr. Cole has confirmed that the steel posts have arrived and a working party is needed to erect them, preferably before the school holidays.

PROGRESS REPORT ON ‘FOOTSTEPS ON THE SAND OF TIME: A HISTORY OF WORSTEAD’:

See Public Participation

Highways: (Cllrs. Bond and O’Hara).

FOLLOW UP ON WORKGROUP TO PAINT ADOPTED TELEPHONE KIOSKS AT MEETING HILL, STATION ROAD AND BRIGGATE:

Nothing further to repost at present.   1 parishioner’s details have been passed to Cllr. Bond. It was suggested that residents from each area could paint the phone box in their village, and a sign placed on the phone boxes to ask for volunteers.

FOLLOW UP LETTER RESIDENT RE: RAILWAY BRIDGE AND CROSSROADS:

An email has been received from Highways in response to the letter forwarded from a parishioner within the village. This information is to be passed onto the resident.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllrs. Harris and Smith).

Cllr. Harris reported she had not been to a meeting.

There was a 2nd hand clothes and toy sale held at the village hall on 20th June 2015 to raise funds for the village hall.

Cllr. Cole had been approached regarding the high level blinds in the village hall and whether they could be moved about. Cllr. Cole will email Nick Collins to enquire, and asked that it be brought up at the next village hall meeting.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

GRAVEYARD EXTENSION AND WW 1 AND 2 MEMORIAL (progress report):

No further progress to report at present.

BROADBAND IN MEETING HILL (email sent by Cllr. Harris 11/06/15):

Discussed in Public Participation, all agreed to support.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

1: Canopy at Worstead Station. Clerk to follow up any progress.

2: Match Funding: Cllr. Henderson to investigate match funding at Highways and bring a proposal.

3: Ida Watts Award. Clerk has the trophy and will have it engraved in time for the school leaver’s presentation on Monday 20th July 2015. The award will be presented by Cllr. Barrett.

ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA: 28th July 2015:

– Kicking Wall                                             – Relocation of play equipment.

– Additional play equipment                   – Telephone kiosks

– Book Launch.                                           – Progress report on chimney and car park
Meeting finished at 21.12

 

Comments are closed.