2012 February 28


MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2012 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL, WORSTEAD

PRESENT: Cllrs. S. Cole (Chairman), G. Paterson, S. Harris, R. Barrett, S. Henderson,  C. Rance, K. O’Hara.

APOLOGIES: Cllr. Howes (ill), PCSO Collyer (on day shift).

ALSO PRESENT: 2 Members of the Public.                                      CLERK: Mrs. J. Gardner.

12.007 Chairman Cole informed all present that Mr. John Tilley, Cllr. from 2003 until 2007 has passed away. A service will be held on 6 March 11.45 at the Crematorium at. St. Faiths. A card will be sent to his family. 

ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:   Cllr.Howes’ apology was accepted.

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26.01 2012: Proposal to accept the minutes as a true record by Cllr. Barrett, seconded by Cllr. Harris.  All agreed

Resolution: Minutes were accepted as a true record, duly signed by Chairman Cole.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA,  if any: None.

12.008 MATTERS ARISING from the minutes 22 November 2011(for information only):- Salt bin in Max Carter Close has not been moved yet, to be done very soon.-  Ruin Road: the clerk has not looked any further into the possibility of easement of the Road. 

– Plants at Laurels Barns: Cllr. Paterson informed all present that (pollinator friendly) plants and colours have been chosen

12.009 FINANCES: 

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT: Cllr. Rance proposed to accept the Statement of Account as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Barrett, all agreed.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING PAMENTS:

1: SR Print & Design: February’s newsletter: £ 124.00

Resolution: Invoice was accepted for payment.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDENCE:

Received: Thank you: North Walsham Area Community Transport Association for donation of £100.00

Barclays Bank: Introducing Barclays Skillsbank – free online network of

12.010 SUBCOMMITTEES: 

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Howes, Barrett, Henderson):

TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATIONS, RECEIVED BEFORE THE MEETING:

Ref.: PF/12/0121: Heinz Frozen & Chilled Foods, Station Road: Erection of extension to potato unloading bay and extension to acoustic screen.

Cllr. Henderson explained that during the Planning Subcommittee Meeting concerns were raised about the mass of the building especially the height. Because of this the Subcommittee recommended to object on the grounds of the height of the extension, possible loss of light and amenities for residents and request a site visit.

Ref.: PF/12/0184: Adj. Brockley Farm, Station Road: Continued use of land for storage of haulage vehicle and trailers.The Subcommittee recommended having no objection, this is a continuation.

Resolution: both recommendations were accepted by all Cllrs. present.

DECISION BY NNDC: PERMISSION:

Ref.: PF/11/1352 Sunny Corner, Meeting Hill: Erection of side conservatory.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO RESPOND TO NNDC RE. BIODIGESTER AT SCOTTOW: A concerned resident had sent an email about the intended plans for the Construction of a biomass fuelled renewable energy facility, near Coltishall airfield. There was not enough information available to make a responsible response.

Resolution: the Council agreed not to make a comment on this development.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Rance, Lowe and Barrett).

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE ANY ISSUES RE. SIGNAGE FOR PLAYGROUND AND FITNESS EQUIPMENT: Chairman Cole had designed an informative label which only needs information about the reporting of incidents on the play equipment, which will be supplied by the Clerk.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE ISSUES RE. BLUE PLAQUES AND HISTORY WALK: See Public Participation for the progress.

Highways:

Although not a Highways issue, dissatisfaction was expressed about the recent repairs of the Church wall, which are not in keeping with the rest of the wall. It appears that quite a few of the existing material of the wall had disintegrated, but materials were not changed like for like. Photographs of the wall will be sent to R. Tanner at NNDC, with these comments.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris):

Cllr. Rance will be team captain again for the Quiz & Mash Night on 20 April Cllrs. O’Hara, Barrett, Bacon, Cole and the Clerk will join her.

Chairman Cole agreed to pay the costs for all, clerk to submit form.

12.011 PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING: 

WEAVERS MUSEUM: Cllr. Henderson said there had been no contact since the death of Mr. B. Morgan. Cllr. Henderson will contact S. Ganter to find out about progress.

QUALITY COUNCIL (1)WEBSITE: This will be ready in the next few weeks. There is a problem with the program which is being solved by the Norfolk Association.

(2)NEWSLETTER: February’s issue is being distributed. The Clerk will work together with Mrs. Rix (QE Hall and Festival newsletter) and see if both can be combined; it may mean an increase and change of layout of paper.

SALT DUMP: To consider and resolved whether to accept the proposed Deed of Variation for storage of mobile units by Children Services:

Resolution: the proposed Deed of Variation was accepted. Chairman Cole sent the form and further information will be sent to NPS. Children Services will pay all costs.

VILLAGE SIGN: New contacts have been found via another Parish looking to restore their village sign.

The Chairman and the Clerk will get in touch with some of them including Bure Prison.

VICTORY HOUSING TRUST PROPOSAL FOR ALLOTMENTS & COMMUNITY GARDEN  SCHEMES: It was agreed to find out first, if there is enough interest left for allotments, after which Victory will be contacted.

MAINTENANCE OF TELEPHONE KIOSKS: Residents in Briggate have volunteered to clean up and paint the telephone kiosk and it was resolved to find out if there are volunteers for the one on Station Road via the newsletter.

The Clerk will look into the cost of primer, paint etc. for both kiosks.

Cllr. O’Hara suggested putting the kiosks to good use: book exchange, plant exchange or something similar. Ideas to be forwarded to Cllrs.

CHRISTMAS MARKET & FIREWORKS:

Resolution: the Christmas Market will be resurrected, but Fireworks events are well presented in the area, therefore no continuation of the Fireworks.

MILESTONES:

Information about some milestones in Worstead was forwarded. Cllrs. will look for the one on Westwick Road to start with. The Head Master at Worstead C.o.E. School is interested in the milestones.

12.012 MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only): 

POLLINATOR PLANTS: Cllr. henderson expressed his concerns about the demise of honey bees and wondered whether seeds for pollinator friendly plants could be distributed to resident. Information can be found on the RHS website. He will present costings in the March Meeting.

OLYMPICS: Cllr. O’Hara wondered whether this could be pursued, again for March Meeting.

FOOTPATH PLAYING FIELD /STATION ROAD: Cllr. Bacon wondered whether the  Council should apply for a grant from the Festival to have the path improved. Cllr. Henderson will look into the costing (with Community Payback??) for this.

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 27 MARCH 2012): – Blue plaques and History. – Telephone kiosks. – Play Ground signage. – Handyman and Community Payback. – Quality Council to incl. Parish Plan and website. – Village Sign Westwick Road. – Olympics. – Christmas Market. – Ruin Road. – Milestones. – Footpath. – Pollinator plants. – Phone boxes.

Meeting finished at 21.10

MINUTES OF THE PLANNING SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 28 FEBRUARY 2012 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL, WORSTEAD

PRESENT: Cllrs. S. Cole (Chairman), R. Barrett, S. Harris, S. Henderson.

APOLOGIES: Cllr. Howes (ill).

ALSO PRESENT: 3 Members of the Public (all left after this meeting finished)

CLERK: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:Residents on Station Road had been consulted by Heinz Frozen & Chilled Foods. The three members have no problem with the extension, but object to the height of the building (9 mtrs), which will result in loss of light and amenities for the neighbouring dwellings. All agreed that a site visit by NNDC Planning would be the best way forward.
12.01PL1 Ref.: PF/12/0121: Heinz Frozen & Chilled Foods, Station Road: Erection of extension to potato unloading bay and extension to acoustic screen. Comments of the residents were taken into account:       Recommendation: To object to this application, because the height of the building may result in the loss of light and amenities for the neighbouring dwellings with a request for a site visit by Planning Officers to take place.Ref.: PF/12/0184: Adj. Brockley Farm, Station Road: Continued use of Land for storage of haulage vehicle and trailers. 

Recommendation: To have no objection or comment.

See item 12.010A1a and b for decisions

The meeting finished at. 19.20

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON 28 FEBRUARY 2012 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

12.02A PCSO COLLYER:26TH JANUARY 2012 – 28T FEBRUARY 2012: No crimes reportedCALLS MADE TO POLICE:- 2: 

Grade A:         1 bogus official  Grade B          1 RTC – damage only.

12.02B HANDYMAN AND COMMUNITY PAYBACK:Mr. Chapman will repair the two holes in the fence bordering Westwick Road and get a new post for the dog bin in Lyngate.Molehills on the playing field need urgent attention. Clerk to contact Platten to look into this. 

He has looked at the graveyard, which may be extended. It will be difficult to widen the path, because of interned ashes close to the border.

An alternative may be a new entrance further up the road, with better access for the hearse and disabled visitors.

A working party, Cllr. Henderson, Barrett and Paterson will contact and work with Rev. Hill, who is assisting Rev. Long to move this forward. Community Payback will be involved for any maintenance, installing of fencing etc.

Clerk to Send Rev. Hill’s email to Cllr. Henderson.

12.02C HERITAGE TRAIL AND BLUE PLAQUES:Mr. Brice informed all present that 2 further maps are being created: one by Worstead C.o.E. School which will be family friendly, and Worstead Guild of Weavers with a Wool Trade map.All interested parties, R. Barrett (Parish Council), R. Rix (Meeting Hill), S. Penfold (School) and S. Ganter (Weavers) did meet to discuss cooperation and inclusion of the various maps etc. 

The Wool Trade map will go ahead, funding has been established, and planning permission for a notice board in the square will be asked for.

Maps will go on the web for easy access and a flyer may be created.

Mr. Brie feels that Meeting Hill, with quite a few non-conformist buildings, should be included when blue plaques are ordered.

12.02D DISTRICT /COUNTY COUNCILLOR: 

Both Cllrs. were sent the agenda. No reports were received.

12.06 CORRESPONDENCE:– Norfolk Association of Local Councils: Norfolk Link; Neighbourhood Planning  – How we can make it work 10.00 – 15.00 (Cllr Harris and Clerk attending in Aylsham) 07.03.2012; Initial Training for Clerks & Councillors; Affordable Housing seminar at Pilgrim Hall, Walshingham Shrine 20.03.2012: 10.00 – 13.00 rsvp by 16.03.2012. – GSL Dardan Security: Introduction to Event Security (to Worstead Festival). – Willows Power & Recycling Centre: Don’t let your rubbish go to waste. – FLP: Playground equipment information. – HMRC; Paying in Book for 2012 / 2013. – Norse: Landscaping Development + Fencing. – Clerks & Councils Direct

Public Participation finished at 19.53 with 1 Member of the public leaving.

Comments are closed.