2015 October 20

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2015 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs. Cole (Chair), R. Barrett, S. Harris, A. Bond, K. O’Hara, A. Millar and P. McGill.

1: APOLOGIES /2: NON ATTENDANCE: 1: S. Henderson and M. Smith (Work Commitments), PCSO Reynolds, District Cllr. Williams.

ALSO PRESENT: 1 Member of the Public

Clerk: Mrs. S. Martin

PCSO REYNOLDS:

PCSO Reynolds was unable to attend the meeting, but had sent a crime report for

the period 03/09/2015 – 19/10/2015:

Theft x 1

Common assault and Battery x 2

Causing Intentional Harassment, Alarm or Distress x 1

No date has been given for the next street surgery to be held at the village hall.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:

Chris Oakes attending the meeting to report on a 2nd quotation for the TROD. Mr Oakes has visited the proposed site but reported that if he completed the work the PC would lose the funding given by NCC (50%), and therefore although the initial quote may be less, it would work out to be more costly to the PC.   Mr Oakes was thanked for his attendance to the meeting to report to the PC and his time given.

Mr Chapman (Handyman) reported that there is flooding at the back of the pond at Lyngate.   The slatted drain appears to be full, and therefore unable to drain away. This is obscuring houses.

Clerk to contact Highways.

Problems with flooding still occurring on the Old Yarmouth Road, even though this has been looked at before by Highways. Clerk to contact Highways to re-inspect the drains

Also, reported that the ground at the top end of the zip wire is slightly worn. This is to be investigated further to ensure H & S.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:

County Cllr. Timewell: Did not attend this meeting

District Cllr. Williams: Apologies send for not able to attend this meeting

CORRESPONDENCE:

Norse – Grounds Maintenance letter

Broxap, Glasdon & 4imprint brochure’s

Wicksteed flyer

Public Participation finished at 19.45

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2015 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:

The Cllrs. apologies were accepted.

Thanks given to Cllr. Barrett for standing in as Chair for the previous meetings.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 8 SEPTEMBER 2015:

Cllr. Barrett proposed to accept the minutes as a true record, Cllr. Harris seconded and all Cllrs. present agreed.

Resolution: To accept the minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any:

None

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

Cllr. Barrett informed all present that he had spoken to the resident concerned regarding the parking in Front Street which obstructs their property. The pub was asked to erect signs to direct cars to park in the car park at the rear. It was also suggested to the resident that they too put a sign on their gate not to obstruct. The football club was also contacted and asked to avoid parking in Front street and again to use the car park at the rear.

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (M5):

Cllr. Barrett proposed to accept these as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Bond.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

1 – MAZAR’s – External Audit    (£100.00+VAT £20.00)                       £120.00

2 – To consider and resolve whether to make donation to Royal British Legion; if agreed, set amount (2014 £50.00)

3 – To consider and resolve whether to transfer £ 3,500.00 to Business Rate Tracker

 Resolution: It was agreed to add item 051B.2 to the agenda.

All invoices accepted for payment, and transfer agreed and signed.

Donation to Royal British Legion agreed at £50.00

Financial Correspondence:

– North Norfolk District Council: 2nd Instalment precept           £ 4,366.00

– East Anglian Air Ambulance: Request for donation.

This request was for a small grant and resolved to refer to the Worstead Festival

– MAZAR’s Financial Audit Completion Paperwork End of Year Auditor Certificate and opinion 2014/15.   Recommendation to check date of internal audit next year. Documents have been posted on notice board and notice put up for parishioners to view documents if requested, until 31/10/15.

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Henderson and Millar):

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATION FOR PLANNING APPLICATIONS:

1- PF/15/1262 – Bunn’s Farm, Withergate Road, Worstead – Alterations to cart barn to form 2 dwellings. (Revised Scheme)

Resolution: To support the application, subject to reassurances about traffic andaccess onto Withergate Road

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHICH RECOMMENDATIONS TO SUBMIT FOR PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER ISSUING OF AGENDA, if any.

None

NOTICE DECISION FROM NNDC:

1: PF/15/1015 – The White Lady, Front Street, Worstead – Retention of detached bar/serving building – PERMIT

2: LA/15/1038 – Bengate House, Tucks Road, Bengate – Erection of canopy – CONSENT (received after agenda published):

3: PF/15/0938 – Land at Frog’s Loke, North Walsham – Proposed development of ground mounted solar photovoltaic panels and associated works – PERMIT

4: PF/15/0936 – Land at Bunn’s Hill, North Walsham – Development of ground mounted solar voltaic panels and associated works – PERMIT

PROGRESS REPORT: Car park:

No progress report at this time

Agreed addition to the agenda – A question was raised regarding The Old Vicarage, Withergate Road regarding conversion of the garage and gated access onto the lane. It was agreed this to be looked into further and to review planning consents.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett)

PROGRESS REPORT ON RELOCATION OF FITNESS EQUIPMENT:

A grant application submitted to the Festival has been agreed in principle for 50% of the total cost of the play equipment, which is quoted at £6464 + VAT. This cost has decreased since the 1st quote. Installation from Wicksteed will cost £1500, so a further quote is to be obtained from Renosteel for this installation and to relocate the fitness equipment.

PROGRESS REPORT ON ‘FOOTSTEPS ON THE SAND OF TIME: A HISTORY OF WORSTEAD’:

Books are selling slowly. A meeting date is to be set to discuss further selling/marketing of books.

VICTORY HOUSING/ALLOTMENT MANAGEMENT PROPOSAL:

It was agreed that further questions need to be raised to obtain more detail, to enable a more informed decision to be made. Clerk to request this information.

Highways: (Cllrs. Bond and O’Hara).

FOLLOW UP ON WORKGROUP TO PAINT ADOPTED TELEPHONE KIOSKS AT MEETING HILL, STATION ROAD AND BRIGGATE:

Nothing further to report at present, to be postponed until the spring.

PROGRESS REPORT ON ‘TROD’ Safer Passage to the school:

See public participation. Proposed to make the application in the first instance.

BRIDGE HEIGHT RESTRICTION EMAIL RECEIVED:

The information received was discussed and no issues raised, although it was

proposed that a suggestion made that signage be erected on the B1150 junction to

give more advance warning, as high vehicles are committed after this point and there is nowhere to turn around. Clerk to send this response, and to write to the Transport Manager at Albert Bartlett to inform them of the height restrictions and to ask them to make all their lorry drivers aware.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllrs. Harris and Smith).

No invitation has been received to attend any meetings. Clerk to follow up a list of the Village Hall Committee members.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

Worstead Train Station canopy progress report:

Cllr. Henderson attended the meeting on 9th September, and raised the issue of the station canopy. As of yet we are still awaiting a response from the Abellio GA representative – to be followed up. Regarding the additional services stopping at Worstead, the PC was advised to write directly to Abellio GA and to the Dept. of Transport.   There is another meeting being held on 09/12/15.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

1: Norfolk County Council – A Good School for every learner (email sent)

2: NNDC Licensing and Gambling Policy Review – comments (email sent)

3: Front Street – concern over two-way traffic (email received).

 

ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA: 24th November 2015:

– Play Equipment /Relocation fitness equipment

– Trod

– Progress Report on graveyard extension                                

Meeting finished at 21.05

 

Comments are closed.