2015 November 24

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2015 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs. Cole (Chair), S. Henderson, S. Harris, M. Smith, K. O’Hara, A. Millar and P. McGill.

1: APOLOGIES /2: NON ATTENDANCE: 1: R. Barrett (personal) and A. Bond (Work Commitments), PCSO R. King, District Cllr. Williams and County Cllr. Timewell

ALSO PRESENT: 2 Members of the Public

Clerk: Mrs. S. Martin

PCSO KING:

PCSO King read out the crime report for the period 19/10/2015 – 24/11/2015:

1 x Criminal damage

1 x Assault, causing actual bodily harm

Street surgeries are no longer to be held, as no-one attends. But, PCSO’s will still attend local events and are contactable at North Walsham police station. PCSO King aked if crime prevention was a subject which may be of interest to the community, especially this time of the year with oil tanks. He offered advice if requested.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:

Mr Chapman (Handyman) reported that there is still flooding at the back of the pond at Lyngate and on the Old Yarmouth Road.   The Clerk reported that Highways have been to contacted, and will follow up again.

 

It was also reported that on the A149, in the first layby on the left there has been some fly tipping. This may be on the owners land, but the County Council will be contacted, who will contact Highways.

A lot of noise had been reported on Sunday from 6am to 9pm from the construction of the Solar farm, and lorries are parking on the lane without lights. Cllr. Williams will contact the contractors to raise these issues and concerns regarding safety.

Planning:

The Applicant, as a member of the public attended the meeting because of a planning application that had previously been objected to on the grounds of car parking had now had an amended plan submitted to include additional spaces.

A question was raised to ask what happens to the proposed new parking in the field when a marquee is erected for events. This was answered by stating that the parking will be matting, and it could be erected in top of it, or a smaller marquee (60×40) used,

It was stated that on a previous planning application (LA/12/1033) in 2012 which included parking provisions had still not been adhered to, and concerns that this will continue to be the case.

Cllr. Williams suggested a ‘condition’ being placed on the planning application that the parking for previous planning application be completed before building commences, or enforcement done.

It was also raised about the number of complaints from residents regarding parking, but this was answered by stating that signage would help and the fact that the parking spaces would too be marked out.

It was commented that it puts the PC in an awkward position to agree to a new extension when original plans had not been adhered to, and that the garden would become a car park.

It was responded to by saying that for busy events such as the festival, cars do not park in the village. It was stated that both projects could be done at the same time.

It again was commented that the parking should have been completed with the 2012 planning application and it should not be a stipulation of a previous application. The size of the village hall car park has already been increased by 40 spaces. Question rose to ask what the maximum capacity would be for a wedding – 100.

The member of the public commented that people can’t be stopped from parking, and other clubs in the village do not always use the correct parking. The resident was asked if they would like the PC to contact the clubs using the village hall and ask them to use the correct allocated parking, but this was refused stating it would do no good.

It was suggested that it be a condition to the hire of the village hall or playing field that the village hall car park is used for the parking.

For decision see minutes: 15.058 A1 3.

1 member of the public left the meeting at this point.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:

County Cllr. Timewell: No report at this time.

District Cllr. Williams: No report at this time.

CORRESPONDENCE:

Clerks & Councils Direct

Conservatives – European Parliament

Norfolk County Council – Warm and Well in Norfolk

www.Oil-Club.co.uk: further information (to be included in Feb.’s newsletter?)

Public Participation finished at 20.12

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY24 NOVEMBER 2015 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:

The Cllrs. apologies were accepted.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 20 OCTOBER 2015:

Cllr. Harris proposed to accept the minutes as a true record, Cllr. McGill seconded and all Cllrs. present agreed.

Resolution: To accept the minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any:

Cllr. Henderson made a declaration of interest on agenda item 15.058 A1 2 (PF/15/1600)

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

None

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (M6):

Cllr. O’Hara proposed to accept these as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Henderson.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER QUOTES FOR MAINTENANCE FOR 2016 / 2017 AND RESOLVE WHICH ONE TO ACCEPT:

Playing Field Village Green   Burial Ground Village sign

Garden Guardian   £ 915.00       £ 349.00            £ 660.00         £ 36.00 (all plus VAT)

L&M Gardening Serv.                                               £1,530.00(32)  £900

Norse                     £1,702.15       £ 266.00            £ 2,312.50       £ 45.00   (all plus VAT)

CGM                         £3,059.50       £ 657.00              £4,824.00       £279.00  (all plus VAT)

Resolution: It was agreed that the contracts for the maintenance of the various sites would remain with The Garden Guardian and L & M Gardening Services, however the Burial ground to be maintained fortnightly.

Clerk to inform all concerned.

TO RESOLVE SETTING AMOUNT FOR THE PRECEPT 2016 / 2017 AND WHETHER TO ACCEPT THE GRANT OR NOT:

It was proposed to keep the precept at £8,067.00 and accept the grant of £579.00 (reduction of £87.00 / 13%)

Resolution: It was agreed to keep the precept at £8,067.00 and accept the grant.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

1: L&M Gardening Services: maintenance graveyard            £1,530.00

2: SR Print: November newsletter                                         £     158.00

Resolution: both invoices were accepted for payment.

TO COSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO TRANSFER £1,000.00 FROM BUSINESS RATE TRACKER TO AVOID OVERDRADT CHARGES.

Resolution: The transfer was agreed to and duly signed.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDANCE:

– Wicksteed – Order Acknowledgement (£6,464.85 + £1,292.97 VAT = £7,757.82)

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Henderson and Millar):

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATION FOR PLANNING

APPLICATIONS:

1      PF/15/1568 – Ockley House, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill, Worstead – Conversion of gig house to residential annexe

Resolution: To support this application

2      PF/15/1600 – Westview Cottage, Withergate Road, Worstead – Erection of front, side and rear extensions and alterations to existing barn/garage

Resolution: To have no objection or comment, but to raise a question regarding the parking and ask if neighbours have been consulted.

3      PF/15/0512 – The White Lady, Front Street, Worstead – Proposed new holiday unit

Resolution: To object to the application as previous conditions have not been met.

A letter to be sent to the Planning department at NNDC, to raise the concerns as discussed in the public participation.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHICH RECOMMENDATIONS TO SUBMIT FOR PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER ISSUING OF AGENDA, if any.

1   PF/15/1536 – Land at Wayside Farm, North Walsham, Norfolk, NR28 0JG – Installation of 5MW solar farm with ancillary buildings, security fencing, CCTV, access tracks and landscaping

Resolution: To object to the application. A letter to be drafted and sent outlining the reason for the objection.

NOTICE DECISION FROM NNDC (PERMIT):

1: PF/15/1059 – White House, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill, Worstead – Retention of 1.8 metres boundary fence, demolition of single-storey side extension and erection of replacement extension and detached garage/workshop

2: PF/15/1280 – Bankside, Tucks Road, Bengate – Drainage improvements to include packaged sewage treatment unit, construction of new drain and associated works

3: PF/15/0936 – Land at Bunn’s Hill, North Walsham – Development of ground mounted solar voltaic panels and associated works

4: PF/15/0938 – Land at Frog’s Loke, North Walsham – Proposed development of ground mounted solar photovoltaic panels and associated works

 Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett)

1: Progress report on relocation of fitness equipment:

The new play equipment has been ordered. The inspectors have recommended that the gym equipment be relocated to the triangle area outside the village hall. A quote is being obtained from Renosteel to carry out the installation and relocation costs.

 

2:   Progress report on ‘Footprints on the sands of time’: A History of Worstead.

Books are selling slowly. Cynthia Clare to be asked if some books could be sold at her Christmas fair on 05/12/15.

3:   Victory Housing/Allotment Management proposal (email sent 05/11/15)

The proposal was discussed and all agreed that the PC would be minded to accept, but would like to see a copy of the draft contract and a copy of the ‘Terms & Conditions’ for the plot holders. Clerk to request.

Highways: (Cllrs. Bond and O’Hara).

PROGRESS REPORT ON TROD:

This item to be deferred until the next meeting

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllrs. Harris and Smith).

No invitation to attend any meetings has been received. A race night was held on 21/11/15, which was successful.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

Graveyard extension and WWI + II Memorial:

No further at present

Worstead Train Station canopy progress report:

After the meeting attended by Cllr. Henderson on 9th September, letter was sent to the Abellio GA representative, but not response has been received yet. Clerk to follow up again and request at Station Adoption Information Pack. There is another meeting being held on 09/12/15, to which Cllr. Millar hopes to attend.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

None

ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA: 26th January 2016:

– Play Equipment /Relocation fitness equipment

– Trod

– Progress Report on graveyard extension

TO CONSIDER SCHEDULE FOR 2016 AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ACCEPT IT:

Resolution: The schedule was discussed for the 2016 meeting dates; one amendment to the July date was made. The schedule was accepted.

To be re-issued.

Meeting finished at 21.30

 

Comments are closed.