2015 March 24

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 24 MARCH 2015 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs. S. Cole, S. Harris, M. Smith, A. Bond, G. Paterson, K O’Hara and S. Henderson

APOLOGIES: 1 / NON-ATTENDANCE: 2: 1: Cllr. J. Bacon(work commitments), PCSO Reynolds, County Cllr. Timewell.

ALSO PRESENT: 1 Member of the Public, Mr. Chapman, District Cllr. Williams, Mrs. C. Belsen Lib Dem Candidate for NNDC.

Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PCSO REYNOLDS:

PCSO Reynolds did not attend the meeting. However, she had emailed that no crimes were committed since the February meeting.

Her next surgery will be on Sunday 5 April at the Queen Elizabeth Hall at 18.00 for 30 minutes.

MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC: HISTORY BOOK:

All Cllrs. had received the quote and necessary information with regards to the increased quote (the book had grown over time) and kind offer of a loan.

The suggested price for the book will be £9.95 with a possible deal during the Golden Jubilee Festival in the summer. Booksellers will need to be offered a discount, ask local writer about the best deal with booksellers.

A grant application from the Worstead Festival will be submitted after the Festival to recoup some costs.

As required by Law one copy of the book will need to be sent to each of six deposit libraries.

The Council was thanked by the member of the public for the support to enable the printing of this book. In turn the Council thanked him and his team for creating the book.

For decision on: Letter of Intend for the Printer and the price of the book see item: 15.015D (this item was brought forward to allow member of the public to leave the meeting).

HANDYMAN:

Mr. Chapman reported potholes in the car park and requested to speak to a local businessman about possible repairs. The request was agreed to. He also reported that the zip wire was making a noise, he thought this came from the poles in the metalwork. Cllr. Barrett will investigate.

He also reported that the road at Lyngate pond is still flooded as well as Yarmouth Road. These two have been reported to Highways, but will be done so again.

He was thanked for his contribution.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLORS:

District Cllr. Williams:

Big Society Fund: This fund derives its income from Council Tax on second homes and will continue. Further information has been received.

There will also be a “Major Grant Aid Scheme for the 7 towns in Norfolk.

COUNTY CLLR. TIMEWELL: had sent his apologies.

CORRESPONDENCE:

BT: Adopt a Kiosk;   – NPS Group: Fire Risk Assessment Services;   – Voluntary Norfolk: North Norfolk Health Volunteers Service;   – Norfolk Playing Field Association: Certificate of Membership;   – Clerk & Councils Direct;   – Notification by resident Station Road that speed signs were not working.

CORRESPONDENCE CHARITIES: –       CCLA: Statement 28.02.2015

Public Participation finished at 19.50, with one member of the public leaving.

THE MINUTES BELOW ARE DRAFT MINUTES AND MAY BE AMENDED DURING THE NEXT MEETING.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 24 MARCH 2015 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:

All agreed to accept the apology for absence.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 24 FEBRUARY 2015:

Proposer to accept the minutes was Cllr. Smith, seconded by Cllr. Bond, all agreed.

Resolution: To accept the minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any: None.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

None.

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT:

Cllr. Barrett proposed to accept these as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Harris.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

1: Queen Elizabeth Hall: Hall Hire April 2014 / March 2015                        £      105.50

2: J. Gardner: Salary January / March                                                              £      689.19

3: NPTP: Financial Course S. Martin (Sept)                                                     £        35.00

4: Norfolk County Council: 50% Contribution for speed signs (School)      £   2,981.00

Resolution: all four were accepted for payment.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE A DONATION TO NORFOLK CAB. IF SO, SET AMOUNT:

Last year 47 people from the Worstead Ward visited the CAB. 2014 donation £150.00

Resolution: to keep the donation at £150.00.

HISTORY BOOK:

Resolution: To write a letter of Intent for the printers, keep the suggested sale price of £9.95, contact local shops about distribution and ask local writer about his distribution.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO TRANSFER £ 3,750.00 FROM BUS. RATE TRACKER TO COMMUNITY ACCOUNT TO AVOID OVERDRAFT CHARGES.

Resolution the transfer was agreed to.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDENCE:

HM Revenue & Customs: Paying your PAYE electronically; new tax for Clerk 15 / 16.

Pensions Regulator: Information to implement Pension Scheme for employee.

Mazars: End of Year paperwork

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson, Henderson and Paterson):

TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANY FURTHER PLANNING APPLICATION, IF RECEIVED:

Ref.: PF/15/0043: Briggate Farmhouse, White Horse Lane, Briggate: Conversion of agricultural barn (Barn 2) to residential dwelling: The entrance of the access road was widened.

Resolution: to have no objection or comment.

DECISION NOTICES FROM NNDC: PERMISSION

PF/14/1642: 55 Station Road: Erection of two-storey side extension.

WITHDRAWAL: PF/14/1606: South Cottage, Sandy Hills: Variation of condition                                       of PP ref.02/1507 to permit permanent residential occupation.

PROGRESS REPORT RE. CHIMNEY (if any)

This chimney will be insulated; will have a cladded charcoal filter and a silencer. Environmental Health can take action if noise and/or smell are not reduced. This does not necessarily involve the Planning Dept.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and  Barrett):

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO RELOCATE FITNESS EQUIPMENT AND IF SO, FIND NEW LOCATION:

To make sure that claims will be paid out in case of an accident, AON, the Council’s insurers, were passed an email from Cllr. Barrett to Rospa’s about 2013’s Safety Inspection Report. This email included the answers from Rospa as well as the 2014 Inspection. They passed this to the Underwriters, who have come back and said that the fitness equipment has to be located as per the guidelines (which were not available at the time of installation).

Resolution: the equipment will be removed as soon as possible and stored. Cllr. Barrett will contact Rospa and Wicksteed to get advice on the best location.

Clerk will put an article in May’s issue to explain the removal and the re-location of the equipment.

PROGRESS REPORT DILHAM PRE-SCHOOL:

The patio has been fenced off. The playing field will be used, but not fenced off.

Highways: (Cllrs. Bacon and Bond).

TO CONSIDER SETTING UP A WORKGROUP TO PAINT ADOPTED TELEPHONE KIOSKS AT MEETING HILL, STATION ROAD AND BRIGGATE:

Various Cllrs. have agreed to sand, repair and paint the kiosks (paint already bought). Ideas for usage of the newly decorated kiosks are welcome.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVED TO CONTACT HIGHWAYS TO REMOVE GORSE ALONG FOOT/CYCLEPATH FROM A149 TO SANDY HILLS:

After maintenance the debris of the gorse is often left behind which can result in punctured tyres and overhanging branches can injure walkers.

Resolution: to ask Highways to completely remove the gorse to make space for people friendly plants.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllrs. Harris and Smith).

A meeting is due to take place in April.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

GRAVEYARD EXTENSION AND WW 1 AND 2 MEMORIAL (progress report):

Cllr. Henderson informed all present that the builders will lay the foundations for the gateposts very soon after which the gradient will be removed.

A memorial will be considered once the consecration of the land has been carried out.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

Cllr. Henderson wondered whether Network Rail was contacted about the canopy at Worstead Station. Clerk to contact Bittern Railway to see who is responsible for this.

Cllr. Smith informed all present that lorries visiting businesses on Sandy Hills are being directed to the A149 via the very narrow road at the back of the Household Waste Site. This exit is not for general use.

Clerk to contact both businesses asking them to tell drivers to use Yarmouth Road.

Cllr. Harris had been contacted how to go about getting permission to put up a village sign in Meeting Hill. Clerk to contact Highways.

Another question was asked about the demarcation of the car park at The White Lady, which should have been done before the restaurant was used. To be queried.

Litter Picking: date to be set for June and put in May’s newsletter to allow volunteers to join.

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 21 APRIL 2015 7.30pm)

–       Chimney and car park.                               – Graveyard.

–       Canopy Worstead Station                         – Village sign Meeting Hill.

–       Foot/cyclepath A149 / Sandy Hills

 

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING: TUESDAY 28 APRIL 2015 7.30PM LOUNGE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL.                    

Meeting finished at 20.50

 

Comments are closed.