2015 September 8

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2015 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs. Barrett (Chair), S. Harris, M. Smith, S. Henderson, and P. McGill.

1: APOLOGIES /2: NON ATTENDANCE: 1: S. Cole, A. Bond, A. Millar (Work Commitments), K. O’Hara (Personal Commitment), PCSO Reynolds.

ALSO PRESENT: 1 Member of the Public, District Cllr. Williams, and District Councillor J. Timewell

Clerk: Mrs. S. Martin

PCSO REYNOLDS:

PCSO Reynolds was unable to attend the meeting, but had sent a crime report for the period 26/07/2015 – 03/09/2015:

Assault causing actual bodily harm x 2

The next street surgery will be held on 5th October 2015 at 18.00, at the village hall.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:

Mr Chapman (Handyman) reported the problem on the Old Yarmouth Road/Scarborough Hill area which had flooding problems a few months ago, still bubbles up through the drain, but unless it gets too silted up hopes not to be a major problem, but will keep an eye on it.

Station Road footpath had been mentioned as being overgrown, but was investigated today and seems to have been cut now.

Parishioners have mentioned about behaviour in the shelter on the play park involving graffiti and substance abuse The graffiti has been cleaned away and will be monitored. Clerk to report to PCSO.

Bins in village square recently have been overflowing and the question raised as to whom is responsible to empty – clerk to investigate.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:

County Cllr. Timewell: Nothing to report on this meeting

District Cllr. Williams:

Devolution – Cllr. Williams reported that the Government is keen to devolve regions more power in certain areas. Norfolk will look at ways to devolve things locally and there will be many councils involved, this work will be ongoing but could take some time. Also further cuts are likely but hopefully impact on frontline services will be minimal at NNDC. The aim is to look at joint work with other councils to make these savings.

Solar Farm:

There was a site meeting held on 13th August 2015, in which local issues were raised regarding boundary issues, height of towers and flooding etc. It was a constructive meeting and all were well received. Cllr. Williams is happy with the progress, and that all issues are being dealt with and that previous mistakes have been learnt from. A report from Cllr. Williams will be forwarded on to the Cllrs.

CORRESPONDENCE:

–       Your Shout       –       NNDC – Licensing Act Letter       –   Broxap Brochure

Public Participation finished at 19.40

THESE ARE DRAFT MINUTES AND MAY BE AMENDED DURING THE NEXT MEETING

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2015 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:

The Cllrs. apologies were accepted.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 28 JULY 2015:

Cllr. Harris proposed to accept the minutes as a true record, Cllr. Barrett seconded and all Cllrs. present agreed.

Resolution: To accept the minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Barrett.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any:

None

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

None

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (M4):

Cllr. Henderson proposed to accept these as a true record, seconded by Cllr. McGill.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

To consider the following invoices and resolve whether to make payments for

1 – SR Print & Design (August Newsletter)                                       £   156.00

2 – Sarah Martin (Salary July-September)                                         £   448.05

3 – HMRC PAYE Sarah Martin (July-September)                               £   111.80

Resolution: All invoices accepted for payment

Financial Correspondence:

–       Interprint Letter

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Henderson and Millar):

PLANNING APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED PRIOR TO THIS PARISH MEETING

(for administration purposes only due to application date)

1:         PF/15/1015 The White Lady, Front Street, Worstead – Retention of detached  bar/serving building

Resolution: To have no objection to this application, except that the application was retrospective and this comment passed to NNDC.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATION FOR PLANNING

APPLICATIONS, (NOT) ITEMISED:

2:         PF/15/1059 – White House, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill, Worstead –Retention of 1.8 metres boundary fence, demolition of single-storey side  extension and erection of replacement extension and detached garage/workshop

Resolution: To have no objection to the extension application, but to question the height of the fence and to whether this should be a hedge to be in keeping with conservation, but to go with the advice of the conservation officer.

TO CONSIDER MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANY FURTHER APPLICATIONS, IF RECEIVED:

3:         PF/15/1280 – Bankside, Tucks Road, Bengate, Worstead – Drainage Improvements to include packaged sewerage treatment unit, construction of new drain and associated works

It was agreed by all Cllrs. to accept this as an agenda item

Resolution: To support this application.

NOTICE DECISION FROM Norfolk County Council: GRANT PLANNING PERMISSION:

1: C/1/2015/1014                                                           2: C/1/2015/1015 

3: C/1/2015/1016: all three at Boundary Pit, Sandhills Lane, Old Yarmouth Road, North Walsham

NOTICE DECISION FROM NNDC (received after agenda published): APPROVE:

1: NMA1/14/0929 Cantelo Cottage, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill, Worstead, North Walsham, NR28 9LR – Non-material amendment request to revised two-store extension layout

PROGRESS REPORT: Car park:

No progress report at this time

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett)

PROGRESS REPORT ON RELOCATION OF FITNESS EQUIPMENT:

The initial estimated costs of relocating the fitness equipment are in the region of £400/500. RB has emailed ROSPA to request support for the cost of this relocation. It was advised that there is new base equipment, and this estimated cost may therefore be reduced. It was suggested that a working party do the relocation and therefore may reduce this cost further.

At present the cost of the new play equipment is approximately £8000, allowing for installation costs. RB proposed to make this purchase, and to apply to the Festival for fund matching.

PROGRESS REPORT ON ‘FOOTSTEPS ON THE SAND OF TIME: A HISTORY OF WORSTEAD’:

A meeting is still to be arranged to discuss further selling of books.   RB to speak to Mrs Clare about selling at her garden fete on 12th September.

Highways: (Cllrs. Bond and O’Hara).

FOLLOW UP ON WORKGROUP TO PAINT ADOPTED TELEPHONE KIOSKS AT MEETING HILL, STATION ROAD AND BRIGGATE:

Nothing further to report at present. A request was put into the August newsletter to ask for volunteers to help, but no responses received yet.

PROGRESS REPORT ON ‘TROD’ Safer Passage to the school:

Ongoing. Clerk to arrange another quote, but to be on a like-for-like basis to include traffic control costs etc.

SPEEDING TRAFFIC IN WORSTEAD LETTER:

Letter was read out. It was agreed that this had been previously investigated. There are now permanent flashing speed signs outside the school. The temporary flashing speed signs are continuing to be moved every 8 weeks. The pavement from the school to the village centre is essential for the children to use to and from school. It was suggested that the 30mph sign be moved further out of the village, near the railway bridge and Rainbow Nursery to possibly start traffic slowing down earlier.

Clerk and RB to send a letter of reply.

PARKING IN VILLAGE LETTER FROM PARISHIONER:

An email had been received, and read out, from a parishioner within the village regarding parking in Front Street which obstructs their property, mainly by vehicles visiting the pub. It was suggested that the pub could erect signs to direct cars to park in the car park at the rear. Cllr. Barrett to follow this up.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllrs. Harris and Smith).

No meeting has been held. However, the Worstead Pre School is now operating from the village hall. No events have been held in recent months, but there is due to be a working party to paint the hall on 19th/20th September, volunteers requested in Newsletter. There have also been new committee members elected. Clerk to ask for a list of the Village Hall Committee.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

Worstead Train Station canopy progress report:

Cllr. Henderson is to attend the Bittern Line Meeting on 9th September 2015, and to report at the next meeting.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

1: Town and Parish Council Planning Training Workshops (email sent)

This was discussed as an ideal opportunity to put across vies of the PC.

Confirmation of attendees to be sent by Clerk

2: Council’s Corporate Plan 2015 – 2019 comments (email sent)

No comments raised at this time

3: Albert Bartlett – MS reported that some of the Cllrs. had attended the open evening at Albert Bartlett on 2nd September, and were given a tour of the site and a talk was given on how the Company is moving forward and will be producing frozen roastpotatoes and chips from 21st September.   Some Cllrs. were not aware of the issuesthe residents backing onto the plant had.

ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA: 20th October 2015:

– Play Equipment                                       – Trod

– Telephone kiosks   

Meeting finished at 20.45

Comments are closed.