2014 September 9

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2014 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

 PRESENT: Cllrs. S. Cole, S. Harris, S. Henderson, K. O’Hara, A. Bond

1: APOLOGIES /2: NON ATTENDANCE: 1: Cllrs. R. Barrett (holiday), M. Smith, G. Paterson (private commitments), J. Bacon (work commitment).

ALSO PRESENT: District Cllr. Williams                         Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PCSO REYNOLDS:PCSO Reynolds was unable to attend but sent an email, reporting that 3 crimes had been committed between 29 July and 8 September: 1 burglary in a building (not dwelling, 1 theft from motor vehicle and 1 theft.She will be outside the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Wednesday 10.09.2014 18.00.
FIREWORKS:The majority of the members of the public were part of organisers of this event.They reported that the Risk Assessment had not changed very much. The Fireworks will start with an one minute silence in respect of the start of WWI 100 years ago, after which a “Red Firework” will start to represent poppies. The Royal British Legion will be in attendance and collection buckets will go round.

The remainder of the show will be done to music. The cost is £5.00pp no concessions. The team estimates that there will be around 1,500 people (3 per car) attending this event with parking behind Church View, Westwick Road. Cones will be placed around the village to prevent visitors from parking anywhere.

Two police officers will be in attendance until shortly after the finish of the show. St. John’s Ambulance has agreed to attend against a donation, as this is a first event. There will also be an Information Point for lost children.

Cllr. Henderson pointed out that Broadland Events is not a member of the British Pyrotechnic Association, as claimed in the Risk Assessment. A correction will be made. The team who will carry out the Fireworks is a member of the BPA. Cllrs. Henderson and Bond have doubts about the traffic management and car parking arrangements and the fact that a contingency plan is not in black and white yet. Cllr. O’Hara voiced her concerns about what may happen after the Fireworks when the Police and stewards have gone. Vandalism and even violent behaviour means that the family feels they cannot leave the house just in case. There may be more residents who have had to experience this.

A decision will be made during the meeting, see item 14.047B

HANDYMAN:

Mr. Chapman reported that the skier and the see saw need attention. Repairs to the see saw is in hand. He also reported that there are still closure signs at Holly Grove and Ruin Road. Clerk to report.

He was informed that the hedge on Withergate Road is severely overgrown and needs cutting back. Clerk to inform owner.

Mr. Chapman was pleased to report that the illegal dumping of rubbish behind the Household Waste Site was cleared away in a very timely fashion.

CORRESPONDENCE:- North Norfolk District Council: Individual Electoral Registration (poster displayed). – Kickstart: Moped Hire Scheme to get to work, training, education (displayed). – Wicksteed: Grasshopper Range. – www.Oil-club.co.uk: Heating Oil Club.- Reese: Safety Catalogue

Public Participation finished at 20.30

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PLANNING SUBCOMMITTEE HELD ON TUESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2014  AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD

TO CONSIDER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING PLANNING APPLICATIONSRef.: PF/14/1009: Windy Ridge, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill: Demolition of  bungalow and erection of replacement two-storey dwelling and detached double garage.A previous application was refused by NNDC Planning, because the dwelling  was too far from the road, although thereare no dwellings in close proximity.

After a brief discussion the subcommittee agreed to recommend to support this application.

Ref.: PF/14/1036: Rongene, Station Road: Erection of rear and side extension, raising the height of roof and insertion of dormer windows.

There was only a small change to the already approved application (2011) and the subcommittee agreed to have no objection, but comment that the site plan is incorrect as a large metal framed unit has been erected on the site, but is not included in the plan.

Meeting finished at. 19.20

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER JULY 2014 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:All apologies of absence were accepted.TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING SUBCOMMITTEE HELD ON 27 NOVEMBER 2013 AND THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 29 JULY 2014:

27.11.13: Cllr. Harris proposed to accept the minutes, seconded by Cllr. O’Hara 29.07.14: Cllr. O’Hara proposed to accept the minutes, seconded by Cllr. Henderson

Resolution: All agreed to accept both sets of minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any: None

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only): None
FINANCES:TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT:Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

1: Mazars: Audit Fees:  £ 100.00 + VAT £ 20.00 = £ 120.00; 2: SR Print: August newsletter: £ 154.00; 3: J. Gardner: Salary July / September £ 689.19

Resolution: All three were accepted for payment.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO TRANSFER £1,000.00 FROM THE BUSINESS RATE TRACKER TO AVOID OVERDRAFT CHARGES:

Resolution: All Cllrs. agreed to this transfer, the letter was duly signed.

Financial Correspondence:        – About with Friends: Thank you Letter for £100.00 donation.  – Mazars: End of Year Auditor Certificate and opinion 2013/14 Certificate.

 

SUBCOMMITTEES:Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson, Henderson and Paterson):TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ACCEPT RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE PLANNING SUBCOMMITTEE FOR THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS:

Ref.: PF/14/1009: Windy Ridge, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill: Demolition of bungalow and erection of replacement two-storey dwelling and detached double garage

Ref.: PF/14/1036: Rongene, Station Road: Erection of rear and side extension, raisingthe height of roof and insertion of dormer windows.

Resolution: it was agreed to accept both recommendations: PF/14/1009: support;

PF/14/1036: have no objection, but comment that the site plan is incorrect as a large metal framed unit has been erected on the site, but is not included in the plan.

NOTICES FROM NORTH NORFOLK DISTRICT COUNCIL: PERMISSION:

Ref.: PF/14/0749: Brambles, Tucks Road, Bengate: Erection of garage / store.

Ref.: PF/14/0572: Land opposite Hill Farmhouse, Sandy Hills: Erection of agricultural storage building.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett).

TO CONSIDER MAKING A CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS “OLDER CHILDREN’S” PLAY EQUIPMENT. IF YES, AGREE AMOUNT:

This will be deferred until the October meeting to allow for 2 more items to be found and then ask the members of the public via the newsletter to choose their favourite.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO INVITE COMMUNITY PAYBACK TO CLEAR WEEDS ETC. AROUND PLAYING FIELD AND QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL:

Community Payback now charges £75.00 per day, but provide their own equipment and consumables for them. They only request refreshments.

Resolution: to invite a team over. Cllr. Henderson and the Clerk will meet with their representative on Sunday 11.00am. All welcome.

Highways: (Cllrs. O’Hara, Bacon and Henderson):

PROGRESS RE. TEMPORARY FLASHING SPEED SIGNS:

Two residents in Withergate expressed their pleasure of seeing traffic actually slowing down with the two signs in situ. This weekend they will be moved to Briggate.

HEDGE FROM WORSTEAD C.O.E. SCHOOL TO WITHERGATE:

The speedsigns are covered in weeds. Clerk to contact landowner to ask him to remove weeds etc.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris and Smith):

The financial situation of the Hall is not very positive; the Feeding In Tariff has not been received yet. The Chairman is considering asking for a grant from the Festival to assist with the running costs.

Some of the windows are rotten as well as the weatherboarding, letting in water; both the sewerage and the floor in the Hall need urgent attention.

Increases in the prices of hire are pending and there will be a minimum charge for the Bar. Bingo Nights may become a regular feature.

Chairman Cole wondered what happened to the £25,000.00 grant, given by the previous Worstead Festival Committee.

Resolution: to arrange a meeting between the Management Committee and members of the Council to see where the Council can assist.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:GRAVEYARD EXTENSION:There has been no progress. Cllr. Henderson to follow up.

FIREWORKS:

As indicated during the Public Participation, Cllrs. are unhappy that not everything is in black and white so close to the date of the event: 1 November.

Resolution: it was agreed that a letter will go to the organisers to ask for an updated and firm plan by 23 September to allow all Cllrs. to read through so they can make an informed opinion at the next meeting. The letter will ask for:

–       Definite plans for Traffic Management: pre and post event.

–       Definite locations for car parking with a definite management plan for the parking facilities.

–       Confirmation from St. John’s Ambulance they will be in attendance.

–       Public Liability Insurance which should include permission to hold of Firework events from the Hirer of the Playing Field (not third parties as submitted now).

The contract between the Parish Council and the Hirer of the Playing Field will have to be tailor-made to the event.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO UPDATE STANDING ORDERS BY CHANGING ITEM 3L P.4 FROM:

Photographing, recording, broadcasting or transmitting the proceedings of a meeting by any means is not permitted without the Council’s prior written consent. (present clause now illegal) TO:

A person may not orally report or comment about a meeting as it takes place if he is present at the meeting of a parish council or its committees but otherwise may: a) film, photograph or make an audio recording of a meeting; b) use any other means for enabling persons not present to see or hear proceedings at a  meeting as it takes place or later; c) report or comment on the proceedings in writing during or after a meeting or orally report or comment after the meeting.

Resolution: it was agreed to update the clause. Draft Standing orders to be issued in due course.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):Cllr. Henderson asked for the Clerk to contact Worstead Festival Committee to clear the playing field in a timely fashion.ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 21 OCTOBER 2014 7.30pm)

– Graveyard improvements and War Memorial,  – Play equipment for 13+, – Fireworks,  Enforcement re chimney White Lady, – Confidential matter.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE A CONFIDENTIAL MATTER:

Resolution: to continue and follow the correct procedure.

Meeting finished at 21.44

Comments are closed.