2014 October 21

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 21 OCTOBER 2014 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs. Cole (Chair), K. O’Hara, S. Harris, M. Smith, R. Barrett and J. Bacon.

APOLOGIES: 1 / NON-ATTENDANCE: 2: 1: Cllr. G. Paterson (ill health), A. Bond, S. Henderson (private commitment) PCSO Reynolds (work).

ALSO PRESENT: 1 Member of the Public, District Cllr. G. Williams, County Cllr. Timewell.

Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PCSO REYNOLDS:

PCSO Reynolds sent her apologies. She reported one crime: theft of a motor vehicle for the period 09.09 / 17.10.2014She will be outside the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Wednesday 29.10.2014 18.00.

HANDYMAN:

Mr. Chapman reported that the Memorial Garden is improving and weeds are removed regularly.He had noticed that a Homewatch sign for Meeting Hill on Yarmouth Road was not replaced after BT changed over the pole.

  •  He has been asked to collect it and drop it in at the Clerk or the Chairman.

He also was approached by a local resident in the same area about safety posts being misplaced after an accident.

  • This has been reported to Highways. Clerk to follow up.

After checking the play equipment he noticed that the bolts on the sea saw are still loose.   Cllr. Barrett had discovered that these bolts may have fibre washers which have been worn away. He will ask Wicksteed about this.

Cllr. Barrett informed the Council he had contacted Renosteel about the skier, which is still not correct. Renosteel will investigate the item, once they receive an enlarged diagram. Cllr. Barrett to contact Wicksteed about this.

DISTRICT / COUNTY COUNCILLOR:

District Cllr. Williams: Speed signs:He asked whether the Council would consider a partnership with another Parish Council to use these, but as the Parish has about 8 areas to cover on a 4 to 6 week rotation it seems not likely.County Cllr. Timewell: asked for further information to see how he could assist with this.Both Cllrs had attended a meeting at Heinz, after they announced the potential closure of their Westwick factory with the loss of about 200 jobs.Mr. Williams said NNDC was looking at two main streams of assistance should the factory close, with either helping identify potential investment to take over the site and staff or retraining and assisting with job searches for existing employees if faced with closure.

The District Council is working with the Local Enterprise Partnership to explore all options for assistance.

There is a coordinated approach by local authorities to provide support through a single point of contact and hopefully keep the site open and keep the retain jobs.

Mr. Timewell informed all present the Heinz used up to 60,000tonne of potatoes per year, most of them from Norfolk, emphasising that this closure affects other areas as well. With British Sugar losing the contract with McDonalds joint efforts are made to attract investment. Norman Lamb, MP, will contact V. Cable about this

The Development Team is on the case, everything is being kept very confidential.

Heinz started its minimum 45 days consultation for the closure last week and they areassisting their Staff, some of whom have worked there for 15+years, extremely well. The buildings are very up to date, which will help to find a potential investor.

The food industry in Norfolk needs more people, but this would mean travelling further afield for the current Heinz Staff.

County Cllr. Timewell could report that Mrs. W. Thompson (Canadian) has started her job; he feels she is very good for this job.

She is reducing the Directorship within NCC from 10 to 5 people.

He also reported that they are prioritising the planning for 20 / 25years ahead, with Norfolk being a retirement area this is not an easy task.

CORRESPONDENCE:

– Norfolk County Council: Budget and Priorities 2015 / 2016; Stoptober poster and flu vaccination campaign poster (in notice board).      – North Norfolk District Council: Glass bottle bank removal.     – Norfolk Association of Local Councils: Norfolk Link (distributed); – Information and application forms for training sessions; – Vi talise (provides breaks for disabled people and their carers) poster; – DementiaFriends poster (in notice board).     – Norfolk Rural Community Council: Signpost newsletter.      – Wicksteed flyer.     – Society for Local Council Clerks: flyer.    – North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust: Guided Site Visit 06.11.2014 9.30 –Rsvp. by 31 October 2014.

CHARITY CORRESPONDENCE: – CCLA: Statement.

Public Participation finished at 19.35

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 21 OCTOBER 2014 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:

All apologies of absence were accepted.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING SUBCOMMITTEE AND THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING BOTH HELD ON 9 SEPTEMBER 2014:

Planning: The minutes were accepted as a true record.

Monthly: Cllr. Harris pointed out that the heading stated: September July: July was crossed out and initialed by the Chairman after which Cllr. Harris proposed to accept the minutes, seconded by Cllr. O’Hara.

Resolution: All agreed to accept both sets of minutes as a true record; they were duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any: None.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

– Community Payback will be in attendance on 27, 28 and 30 October and 4 and 5 November (weather permitting) to clear around the playing field and the Hall.

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT:Cllr. Barrett proposed to accept these as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Harris.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

1: Two invoices related to graveyard changes (if received before this meeting).

2: Rospa: Playground Inspection:                          £ 86.00 + VAT £ 17.20 = £ 103.20.

Resolution: Item 1: invoices were not received; Item 2 was approved for payment.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVED WHETHER TO TRANSFER £3,500.00 TO BUSINESS RATE TRACKER:

Resolution: The transfer was agreed to and duly signed.

Financial Correspondence:   – North Norfolk District Council: 2nd Instalment precept £ 4,425.00;      – Norfolk Accident Rescue Service: Request for donation.

SUBCOMMITTEES:Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson, Henderson and Paterson):

TO CONSIDER MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS:

Ref.: PF/14/1047: Marine & Industrial LLP, Station Road: Erection of linked extension to existing industrial storage building.

Resolution: it was agreed to have no objection or comment.

TO CONSIDER MAKING RECOMMENDATION FOR APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER ISSUING THIS AGENDA:   None were received.

NOTICES FROM NORTH NORFOLK DISTRICT COUNCIL: PERMISSION

Ref.  : PF/14/0929: Cantelo Cottage, Meeting Hill Road: Erection of two-storey / first floor side extension and entrance porch.

Ref.: PF/14/1009: Windy Ridge, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill: Demolition of bungalow and erection of replacement two-storey dwelling and detached double  garage.

TO CONSIDER REACTION TO ENFORCEMENT:

NNDC Planning Enforcement stated by email that no reply was received to the Requisition for information and intends to take legal advice re. prosecution for the failure to respond; the Land Registry will be checked to ascertain any parties with an interest in the land in order to correctly serve both Planning and Listed notices. This will take about 14 days. Clerk to keep on the case.

District Cllr. Williams was pleased he had been kept informed and was able to get a quick response.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett).

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ACCEPT SUGGESTED 13+ PLAY EQUIPMENT TO GO INTO NEWSLETTER FOR PUBLIC OPINION:

Cllrs. O’Hara and Barrett will sit down to get together to get information to go into the newsletter.

HISTORY TEAM:

A historical, more academic, book about Worstead’s rich History is almost ready. Worstead Parish Council would have to copyright for this book for which prices have been received around £4,000.00 for 1,000 copies. The writer, a former resident, would like to make a presentation at the next meeting.

Resolution: it was agreed to invite the writer to the next meeting.

Highways: (Cllrs. O’Hara, Bacon and Henderson):

TEMPORARY FLASHING SPEED SIGNS:

They will be moved from Briggate to Westwick Road and Honing Row.

SIGNS FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL:

They are now displayed at both sides at the entrance of Ruin Road, one has been displayed in the square. This last one will also need a sign on the reserve side for visitors entering from School Road. Clerk to send information to Cllr. Cole.

Chairman Cole was informed that a 300 year old milestone, mentioned in the Norfolk Milestone book, on Duckers Road / Hill has disappeared. No remnants are left, whether it has been vandalised, demolished or taken is unclear. Another piece of history gone as the one on Westwick Road cannot be found either.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris and Smith):

Funding received in the past from the previous Worstead Festival Committee has been used to plug the gap.

Cllr. Bacon said that the Festival Committee has asked for a plan for the future, while Chairman Cole has suggested using Internet Media to advertise events.

The possibility of an “Artisan Market” with cooking demonstrations and help of the “Food Team” of the Festival is being considered.

Resolution: it was agreed to ask members of the Management Committee to meet with members of the Council to discuss the way forward.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

GRAVEYARD EXTENSION:Cllr. Henderson reported that the trees have been cut back and he will contact the farmer and the Digger Hire company to progress the work. The graveyard will sadly not be finished before 11 November 2014.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE THE USE OF THE PLAYING FOR LARGER EVENTS IN THE FUTURE:

Cllr. Barrett proposed that to organize larger events on the Playing Field are Community Events for the benefit of Worstead and its residents and not for commercial gain. Procedures, SAG information, Traffic Management etc. must all be submitted in a timely fashion to the Council.

Cllr. Barrett suggested he amends the contract and distributes it to the Cllrs. for consideration at the next meeting.

Resolution: this suggestion was accepted.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

Cllr. Smith pointed out that a stainless chimney was erected at the property next to her as well as on another dwelling in Meeting Hill. Two properties in the “centre” of the village also have these chimneys. Clerk to look at the submitted Planning Applications.

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 25 November 2014 7.30pm)

– Separate Charity Meeting re. Christmas Bonus

Monthly Meeting:                                                          – Graveyard improvements,

– Play equipment for 13+, skier/Renosteel,                   – History

– Enforcement re chimney                                               – Confidential matter.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE A CONFIDENTIAL MATTER:

This has been put on hold until issues with the chimney have been solved.

Meeting finished at 20.50

Comments are closed.