2014 July 29

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 29 JULY 2014 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL.

PRESENT: Cllrs. Cole (Chair), K. O’Hara, M. Smith, G. Paterson, R. Barrett, J. Bacon,S. Henderson and A. Bond.

APOLOGIES: Cllr. Harris (private commitment), District Cllr. Williams.

ALSO PRESENT: PCSO Reynolds, 1 Member of the Public and Mrs. D. Ward for North Norfolk Community Transport.

Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PCSO REYNOLDS: attended to meeting to report 1 crime: common assault.No complaints were received during the Worstead Festival.Street Surgery: Monday 11 August 2014, 18.00 outside Queen Elizabeth Hall.
MRS. D. WARD FOR NORTH NORFOLK COMMUNITY TRANSPORT:Mrs. Ward introduced herself as the treasurer of the above mentioned charity.She told everybody that the Community Transport provides transport for isolated people and those who cannot use public transport. It is a door to door service and includes:

Dial-A-Ride: which requires a membership and you need to book the day before.

Medi-Ride: also requires a membership and needs to be booked at the office. It is meant for trips with a medical(ish) reason.

Populus: this is more formal, but you can use your bus pass.

At present there are 63 volunteers, transporting people and they are only paid 43p per mile towards expenses. More volunteers are needed, no qualifications are necessary, but you are preferably younger than 70 years and you need to inform you insurance company you are doing this work.

Leaflets will go in the next newsletter to advertise the service.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:

County Cllr. Timewell: No information received

District Cllr. Williams: Sent his apologies, but wondered whether the Village Hall should be nominated for a “Green Build Award” because of the green improvements.

HANDYMAN:

Mr. Chapman reported that the 20m speed sign in Lyngate has been dislodged and will be put right.

Worstead Wolves contacted him to ask if a banner could be displayed near the village sign when football sessions take place, leaving permanent posts, which may be used by others. It was suggested they use an A-Frame which can be removed easily. Clerk to contact the Football Club.

Recycling: flytipping is taking place behind the Recycling Site including orange netting from works carried out by Anglian Water. Clerk to contact Environment Dept.

Playpark: skiing machine is now very noise and loose on the bearings.

Footpath to Station Road is very overgrown: Clerk to contact Highways.

CORRESPONDENCE:- Norfolk Rural Community Council: NHS Complaints Advocacy Service; – Interprint: Printing services from Norse Commercial Services; – FLP Outdoor Play Solutions; – Norfolk Playing Field Association: Membership Certificate.- Norman Lamb: Village Tour 20 August 2014 15.50 outside the Church.; – Clerks & Councils Direct.

Public Participation finished at 19.51

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 29 JULY 2014 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:   The apology from Cllr. Harris was accepted.TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 24 JUNE 2014: Cllr. Barrett proposed to approve the minutes, seconded by Cllr. Bacon, all agreed

Resolution: The minutes were accepted as a true record and duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any: None.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only): None.
FINANCES:TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT: Cllr. Henderson proposed to accept the Statement of Accounts, seconded by Cllr. Bacon, all agreed.

Resolution: The Statement of Account was accepted as a true record.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:

1: Gordon Signs Ltd: QEHall signs:                             £78.24+VAT £15.65 = £ 93.89

2: MBS Group: Ida Watts Award:                                £32.54 + VAT £  6.51 = £ 39.05

Resolution: both invoices were accepted for payment.

TO CONSIDER WHETHER TO MAKE A DONATION TO A LOCAL CHARITY AND IF AGREED, SET AMOUNT: Cllr. O’ Hara suggested to make a donation to “About with Friends”, a charity which takes less able people out on trips (bowling, the Festival etc), which all Cllrs. Present were happy to support. After a brief discussion the amount was set at £100.00

Resolution: £100.00 will be sent to “About with Friends”.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO TRANSFER £2,500.00 TO BUSINESS RATE TRACKER:

Resolution: it was agreed to make the transfer.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDENCE: – Remittance Advice from North Norfolk District Council: Glass recycling £ 297.60.

SUBCOMMITTEES:Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson, Henderson and Paterson):

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE TO MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PLANNING APPLICATIONS, (NOT) ITEMISED:

Ref.: PF/14/0929: Cantelo Cottage, Meeting Hill Road, Meeting Hill: Erection of two storey/first floor side extension and entrance porch:

Resolution: to have no objection or comment.

NOTICE DECISION FROM NORTH NORFOLK DISTRICT COUNCIL: PERMISSION:

Ref.: PF/14/0667: Briggate Farm Barn, White Horse Lane, Briggate: Conversion of barn to residential dwelling

L.eisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Bond, Cole and Barrett).

The Rospa inspection has taken place near the end of May (the springy toy was still in situ). Most equipment is low to medium risk, with the kicking wall being a high risk as it was considered stable. This has been remedied since the inspection.

The issue with the location of the fitness equipment was mentioned again, but these items were installed before any guidelines or recommendations were available.

Cllr. Barrett will send an email to Rospa with the same comments about the fitness equipment as was done last year.

Cllr. Barrett looked into equipment for 13+, but there is not that much available. A High rider is being considered. Further research is necessary, deferred to September.

Highways: (Cllrs. O’Hara, Bacon and Henderson):

PROGRESS RE. TEMPORARY FLASHING SPEED SIGNS:

The signs will have to be moved: 1st location for both signs will be Withergate, after which they will go to Briggate.

Action required: a rota for monthly changeover as well as battery change.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris and Smith):

District Cllr. Williams informed the Council that a “Green Build Award” will be rewarded to a green project with community involvement. He thought the Queen Elizabeth Hall may be considered.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:GRAVEYARD EXTENSION AND WW1 MEMORIAL SUGGESTION FROM LOCAL RESIDENT: The leveling of the path has nearly finished. Cllr. Paterson has agreed with Rev. Long that graves in the new part will be kept level for easier maintenance. Ideas for a Memorial will be left until September’s meeting.

Resolution: an application will be made for a grant (£500.00).

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO PERMIT WWYFC TO USE OLD CRICKET HUT: Cllr. Barrett reported that the replacement of the cricket hut would be no greater than 12’ by 6’, maybe even 10’ by 6’.

Resolution: to inform WWYFC they can demolish the hut and install a shed no greater than 12’ by 6’

FIREWORKS: Cllr. Bond went through the proposal for the Fireworks event and voiced his concerns that important issues were not mentioned or not detailed enough: no information is available about the expected number of visitors, marshals for the car parking and alternative car parking spaces if the field behind the premises in Westwick Road is full (previous pub related events have seen car parked everywhere in the village), whether a contract has been taken out with St. John’s Ambulance or North Norfolk’s District Council’s Safety Team has been involved. There is no mention in the proposal about an evacuation plan.

A letter with all concerns raised will be sent to the organizer as soon as possible for them to respond to in September’s meeting.

Because of the short time scale to put things right and concerns some Cllrs. would rather have the event cancelled.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):Queen Elizabeth Hall and Homewatch signs are ready to be displayed.

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2014 7.30pm)

– Graveyard improvements and War Memorial,  – Play equipment for 13+

– Fireworks,                                                         – Confidential matter.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE A CONFIDENTIAL MATTER:

Submitted forms will be sent to Norfolk County Council in due course.

Meeting finished at 21.15

 

Comments are closed.