2014 February 25

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON                   TUESDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2014 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

 PRESENT: Cllrs. J. Bacon (Chair), G. Paterson, S. Harris and K. O’Hara

1: APOLOGIES /2: NON ATTENDANCE: 1: Cllrs. Cole (work commitment), M. Smith and R. Barrett (private commitment); 2: Cllr. S. Henderson.

ALSO PRESENT: PCSO Reynolds. County Cllr. Timewell, district Cllr. Williams, Handyman, 2 Members of the Public.                                             Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PCSO REYNOLDS: reported that 1 crime (actual bodily harm, perpetrator known) was reported between 23 January and 25 February.She will hold a Street Surgery outside the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Wednesday 5 March 2014 18.00
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:One member of the Public reported that he was informed that the case officer, because of design issues and it being built too far away from the road, may refuse his Planning Application. (Parish Council had no objections but commented to get assurances that no other dwelling will be built on the plot). He asked the Council to write to the case officer offering support for the application.District Cllr. Williams promised to contact the case officer for further details.Another member asked whether the Public Right of Way from Front Street to Westwick Road would be discussed, but Cllrs present agreed to defer this to March’s meeting, because of the absence of 4 Councillors. He left the meeting.Handyman:reported that the kicking board is leaning, but stable due to the strong winds. It will have to be levelled soon. Cllr. Barrett to be asked to investigate. He also cleared rubbish around the village after the storm. It was agreed to hold another Litter Picking event in the spring/early summer. A tree near the gas tank needs to be assessed, because of its precarious position after the storms.

He was thanked for his help and input.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:County Cllr. Timewell: informed all present that Norfolk County Council’s budget; after a heated debate the budget was passed with a majority of two votes. Party politics nearly jeopardising the outcome, which could have had serious consequences to the future of children’s services.Governance: the new system should allow full governance by all members, not by a cabinet of nine. This will allow any specialist skills of members to be put to good use, which seems to be not the case at present. Discussions are under wayDistrict Cllr. Williams: was able to inform that North Norfolk District Council will set its budget Wednesday 26 February, leaving its council tax at 0% increase. With the prediction of a 10% reduction in next year’s grant it will be more and more not to cut services.
CORRESPONDENCE:- HMRC: End of Year Tax Information; – Victory Housing Trust: Posters for Housing Swap events in the area; – CCLA: Opportunity to switch between Investment Funds

Public Participation finished at 19.50

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2014 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN:Because of the absence of both Chairman and Vice Chairman, the Cllrs. present voted for Cllr. Bacon to act as Chairman.

ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:Cllr. Cole’s Smith’s and Barrett’s apologies were accepted. No information was available about the absence of Cllr. Henderson.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 28 JANUARY 2014: Proposer to accept the minutes as a true record: Cllr. Harris, seconder Cllr. Paterson.

Resolution: The minutes were accepted as a true record and duly signed by Chairman Bacon.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any: Cllr. Paterson declared an interest for item: 14.009A.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only): None.
FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT: Proposer to accept The Statement of Accounts as a true record: Cllr. O’Hara, seconded by Cllr. Harris, all agreed.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ACCEPT AMENDED FINANCIAL REGULATIONS RE. CHARITIES: It was suggested to include the following clause in relation to donations to Charities:Where local Charities (e.g. Norfolk CAB, North Walsham Transport) make requests for donations, the Charity will be asked to provide information about how many residents contacted the Charity. The amount of the donation will be decided in March’s meeting.One nationwide Charity may receive a donation in March, if sufficient funds are available.

The Royal British Legion will receive a yearly donation of up to £50.00.

Requests from Charities, Clubs, Societies etc in Worstead will be considered on their merits and / or passed to Worstead Village Amenities Trust.

Resolution: it was agreed to include this clause into the Financial Regulations. Clerk to issue updated Regulations.

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson and Henderson):

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PLANNING APPLICATIONS, IF ANY RECEIVED BEFORE THE MEETING,NOT ITEMISED:  None

Notice of Decision: from NNDC: PERMISSION:

PF/13/1080: Bunns Farm, Withergate: Removal of condition 2 of Planning Permission 05/0964 to permit permanent residential occupation.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Rance and Barrett): No information, but kicking wall needs to be looked at. (See Public Participation)

Highways: (Cllrs. O’Hara, Bacon and Henderson):

PROGRESS RE. TEMPORARY FLASHING SPEED SIGNS.: Cllr. Henderson was not present, but had asked the Clerk who would sign the relevant paperwork. She agreed that Cllr. Henderson should sign (having done all the work).

Chairman Bacon said that the Worstead Festival Committee would assist with the funding.

TO CONSIDER ACTION TO BE TAKEN RE. FLOODING OLD YARMOUTH ROAD (cause may be on Worstead Charities owned land): The landowner who was contacted about the flooding will investigate but thinks that the cause is a manhole on land owned by Worstead Charities. The Handyman thinks the cause is situated under or nearby a gate on the landowner’s land.

Resolution: it was agreed to contact the hirers of the Charities Land to investigate the manhole and if it not accessible to inform the Council what needs to be done to enable access.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris): Meeting: Cllr. Harris said no meeting had taken place.

Sheringham Shoal Grant: Cllr. Bacon informed all present that double glazing is being installed and cavity filling will take place as well to enable meeting the energy sustainability needed before funds for the solar panels will be paid.

Bicycle Racks: no report.

Notice Board: it appears to be impossible to contact the resident who promised to make the notice board.

Resolution: to purchase a notice board, please see link sent by Cllr. Henderson

Motion detection light for defibrillator: This is necessary because no lights are on late in the evening or at night and access can only be gained by punching in a number.

Resolution: Chairman Bacon will speak to the Chairman of the Management Committee to install a light.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY FOR RUIN ROAD: Chairman Bacon asked the Clerk to send the recommendations, made by a solicitor at Howes Purcival, again to allow Cllrs. to read the information again and allow for  discussion and possible decision.                 Resolution: deferred to March’s meeting.

CHURCH IMPROVEMENT AND GRAVEYARD EXTENSION: Chairman Bacon said there would be a meeting early March and Cllr. Henderson was looking into machine hire for the extension of the graveyard.

GLASS RECYCLING: Discussed at the end of the meeting, after two members were asked to leave.

Resolution: it was agreed not to accept the kind offer of a donation for the loss of income from the glass recycling. A letter will be set up and Chairman Cole asked will be asked to deliver the letter personally.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO REGISTER BUILDING OF COMMUNAL INTEREST AS COMMUNITY BUILDING: No information available

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO UPDATE THE DRAFT STANDING ORDERS: Not all Cllrs. present had been able to read the update version.

TO DISCUSS AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPLY FOR HERITAGE GRANT FOR WW1 MEMORIAL: It is not known whether Cllr. Henderson has been able to contact the resident who can assist with this.

Resolution: all three issues are deferred to the March meeting

DEFIBRILLATOR: The training session took place on Tuesday 11 February with 14 people attending.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):Cllr. Rance has sent a letter of resignation due to her working hours. The newsletter carries an article thanking her for her work and advertising the vacancy.Cllr. O’Hara asked as a resident whether the Council would contact the School and the various clubs asking them not to park in the square. The area is Public Highways, which makes very difficult for the Parish Council to give a valid reason other than a it being a matter of courtesy for the residents who do need the spaces.The Clerk will first order the signs for the Queen Elizabeth Hall with a P which may alleviate the problem.Cllr. Paterson wondered whether there were funds available to improve the acoustics in the Committee and Club Room. No sufficient funds are available at present.

He was asked by Friends of Worstead School about Wi-Spire to install equipment for faster internet access on top of the Church tower, but residents had not shown the interest needed to make it viable for the Company.

BT is in the process of installing fibre optic cables in the area to enable quicker access.

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 25 MARCH 2014 7.30pm)

– Public right of Way Ruin Road; – Church improvements and graveyard; – Vehicle activated sign; – Heritage funds for WWI memoranda; – Update of Standing Orders;  – Fire Works Event;- Community Right to Bid.

Meeting finished at 21.10

Comments are closed.