2014 April 22

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 22 APRIL 2014 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs. Cole (Chair), S. Harris, K. O’Hara, G. Paterson, S. Henderson and J. Bacon.

1: APOLOGIES /2: NON ATTENDANCE: 1: Cllrs. Barrett (holiday), M. Smith (private Commitment)

ALSO PRESENT: PSCO Reynolds, District Cllr. Williams and Handyman.
Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner.

PCSO REYNOLDS:
– Informed all present that two crimes were reported: 1: Theft from car, 2: Sexual assault on a female.

Her next Street Surgery is on Saturday 10 May 18.00 outside Queen Elizabeth Hall.

She left the meeting after presenting the report.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
Mr. Chapman, our Handyman, had nothing to report.

There were no other members of the Public present.

COUNTY / DISTRICT COUNCILLOR:
County Cllr. Timewell: – Had dates mixed up, sent apologies on 25.04.2014.

District Cllr. Williams: – Reported that implementation of the planning conditions for the Scottow Bio digester is being reviewed, including the impact of traffic, partly due to the size of the agricultural farm vehicles being used, making passing them difficult and/or impossible as well damage to road verges.
The operator of the digester is happy to discuss any issues raised.

He also informed all present he now has the portfolio for NNDC’s Leisure, Recreation and Cultural Services, and also Customer Services.
A new telephone system, to be integrated with the IT system, will be installed in the near future, which allows for improved customer care, better links between telephone calls and emails and for customer contact history to be tracked.

He was thanked for his input.

CORRESPONDENCE:

– North Norfolk District Council: Information about European Election 22 May 2014.
– 10 Downing Street: New tax cut to reduce Employer N.I.
– Society of Local Council Clerks: Invitation to AGM 02.05 and Summer Social: trip on the
Broads on Mississippi Paddle Boat 20.06.14 7.00pm £16.00 (incl. finger buffet).
– Wicksteed Fitness Legacy Zone.

CORRESPONDENCE FOR WORSTEAD CHARITIES:

– Lloyds Bank: Changes to accounts.
– Computershare: Annual Interest Statement.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 22 APRIL 2014 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL WORSTEAD.

TO CONSIDER ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:
The apologies from both Cllrs. were accepted.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON 25 MARCH 2014:
Only two of the four Cllrs. present at the last meeting attended this meeting. Cllrs. Smith and Barrett will be contacted by email for their approval/dismissal. Cllr. Barrett’s email stated that he agreed they were a true record.
Resolution: Chairman Cole signed the minutes after the Annual Parish Meeting, held on 29 April.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any:
None.

TO CONSIDER ACTIONS TO FILL VACANCY ON PARISH COUNCIL:
Candidates who showed an interest at the last vacancy have not come forward.
Cllr. Bacon will ask a resident to see if he or she is interested to join.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of the previous meeting: (for information only):

– There has still not been a response from S. Briggs, Highways, about flooding on Yarmouth Road and parking at the Worstead Baptist Church.

– The Clerk compiled a letter for the County Cllr. in relation to the possible charges for the Household Waste Site, but is not happy with it yet.

– Cllr. Henderson wondered about the Contract for the Fireworks Display. Cllr. Barrett and Cllr. Henderson will look into this, the agreed charge is £250.00 and further details will be presented at September’s meeting.

FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER APPROVAL OF STATEM. OF ACCOUNT 13 /14 AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ACCEPT PROPOSED STATEM. OF ACCOUNT 14/15
Cllr. Bacon proposed to accept the Statement of Account for 2013 / 2014, seconded by Cllr. Henderson, all agreed. Cllr. O’Hara proposed to accept the proposed statement of account of 2014 / 2015.
Resolution: the proposed Statement of Accounts for 2014 / 2015 was accepted by all.
FINANCES:

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE PAYMENT TO:
1: North Norfolk District Council: Premises licence £ 70.00
2: Norfolk Association of Local Councils: Renewal Membership: £171.86
Resolution: both items were accepted for payment.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDENCE:
– Mazars: Notice of Audit End of Year Accounts 2013/2014.
– Norfolk CAB: Thank you for £150.00 donation.

SUBCOMMITTEES:

Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson and Henderson):
TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHICH RECOMMENDATIONS TO MAKE FOR ITEMISED PLANNING APPLICATION(S) AND RECEIVED BEFORE THE MEETING NOT ITEMISED:
None.

TO DISCUSS AND DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT ISSUES MENTIONED IN LETTER FOR PLANNING INSPECTORATE RE. APPEAL HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION:
The letter was sent by email but changed since and was read out.
Resolution: the read letter was approved and will be sent on Wednesday.

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Rance and Barrett).
The workgroup, Cllrs. Barrett, Cole and Henderson + and ex-resident installed the bicycle racks and made the kicking wall stable. The area in front of the Hall will be sprayed by the certificated ex-resident, the soil will be disturbed, topped with fresh top soil then the Flanders poppy seeds can be scattered intermittently.
The cross trainer may need a new shaft.
An email from Rospa announced that the yearly inspection will take place in June.

Highways: (Cllrs. O’Hara, Bacon and Henderson):
PROGRESS RE. TEMPORARY FLASHING SPEED SIGNS:
The confirmation letter from NCC has not been received yet.
Festival funding is still forthcoming and it was suggested to use some of the Parish Council’s reserves.
Two lights will be purchased and will be rotated every 6-8 weeks. Once installed, a rota will be set up for Cllrs. to look after the equipment, check batteries etc.

LORRIES TRAVELLING THROUGH THE VILLAGE:
A resident complained about a lorry having problems turning into School Road coming from Westwick Road.
Resolution: a letter will be sent to the industrial units on Station Road asking them to make sure lorries travel to and from via the B1150.

ILLEGAL CONSTRUCTION IN LAYBY NEAR PHONE BOX IN BRIGGATE:
A resident had lengthened and widened his drive and installed a big bolder. It was to slow down traffic, according to him, but is dangerous and not on his property. He
has been instructed by Highways to remove the illegal construction.
SUBCOMMITTEES:

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris):
Bicycle rack: see Leisure & Recreation.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO PURCHASE LANDSCAPE NOTICE BOARD:
Resolution: it was agreed the landscape notice board. A “banner” WORSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL to go in the board, will be made by the Clerk.

The outgoing Chairman of the Management Committee of the Queen Elizabeth Hall announced that the Annual General meeting will be held on Tuesday 13 May 7.30pm.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

TO DISCUSS WHAT ACTION TO TAKE FOR OLD PARISH COUNCIL ACCOUNTS AND SAVINGS BOOKS ETC.:
Norfolk’s Archive and Records Office already holds minute and accounts books from Worstead Parish Council.
Resolution: to ask them whether they will scan the books in the office and what the cost will be. To keep all books together they will be stored at the Records Office.

CHURCH IMPROVEMENTS:
A meeting of the Fabric Trust was held on 8 March 2014. Matters are still ongoing.

GRAVEYARD EXTENSION AND WW1 MEMORIAL SUGGESTION FROM LOCAL RESIDENT:
Cllr. Henderson is till awaiting information from NNDC Planning Department.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO UPDATE THE DRAFT STANDING ORDERS:
Cllr. Harris proposed to accept the Draft Standing Orders, seconded by Cllr. Henderson. All agreed.
Resolution: Standing Orders as accepted will be issued by the Clerk.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO PERMIT WWYFC TO USE OLD CRICKET HUT:
Worstead Wolves Youth Football Club would like to demolish the cricket hut and replace it with a shed in the same position. The location was considered not acceptable.
Resolution: to allow for a shed to be installed but Cllrs. Will invite a member of the Club to decide on a location near the containers.
MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

Cllr. Paterson asked whether there were plans to improve the acoustics in all the rooms of the Queen Elizabeth Hall. He passed a telephone number from a consultant who will carry out a survey free of charge to JB.
Cllr. Bacon said that when funds are available a false ceiling may be installed and the Club Room will be made more user friendly.
MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only):

Lowering energy costs are still being looked into, with the estimate for improvements standing at about £14,000.00. Funding may be asked again from Sheringham Shoal.

Queries will be made for an issue of confidentiality.

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING: TUESDAY 29 APRIL 2014 7.30PM CLUB ROOM:
Cllr. Henderson sends his apologies (abroad for work).

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 27 MAY 2014 7.30pm)
– Church improvements and graveyard, – Vehicle activated sign
– WWI memoranda. – Request to utilise Cricket Club hut.

Meeting finished at 20.50

Comments are closed.