2013 March 26

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON  TUESDAY 26 MARCH 2013 AT THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL, WORSTEAD

PRESENT: Cllrs. Cole (Chairman), G. Paterson, K. O’Hara, M. Smith, J. Bacon, S. Henderson

APOLOGIES / NON ATTENDANCE: Cllrs. R. Barrett (other commitment), S. Harris, C. Rance (both ill).                      

ALSO PRESENT: 1 Member of the Public,                                                  Clerk: Mrs. J. Gardner

ACCEPTANCE OF THE APOLOGIES:  Resolution: The given apologies were accepted.

TO CONSIDER  AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY  MEETING HELD ON 26 FEBRUARY 2013: Cllr.  Bacon proposed to accept the minutes as a true record, seconded by Cllr. Paterson, all agreed.Resolution: The minutes were accepted as a true record and duly signed by Chairman Cole.

TO MAKE DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, if any: None.

MATTERS ARISING from the minutes of 26 FEBRUARY 2012 (for information only): None.
FINANCES:

APPROVAL OF STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT: Cllr. Bacon proposed to approve the Statement, seconded by Cllr. Henderson, all agreed. A breakdown of office expenses and s137 will be emailed to all Cllrs.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING PAMENTS:

1: SR Print: newsletter Feb/March: £ 132.00

Resolved is that, in accordance with its power under sections 137 and 139 of LGA1972 the expenditure above, in the opinion of the Council, is in the interest of and to the benefit the inhabitants in a manner commensurate with the expenditure.

2: J. Gardner: salary January / March 2013: £ 682.38

Resolution: both invoice and salary were accepted for payment.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO TRANSFER £750.00 FROM BUSINESS RATE TRACKER TO COMMUNITY ACCOUNT TO AVOID OVERDRAFT CHARGES: Resolution: the transfer was agreed to and duly signed.      

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ACCEPT AMENDED FINANCIAL REGULATIONS: The amended Financial Regulations were not emailed to the Cllrs. And will be carried forward to April’s meeting.

FINANCIAL CORRESPONDENCE: – HMRC: Real Time PAYE from April 2013; – New Tax Code for y.e. 05.04.2014.

SUBCOMMITTEES:Planning: (Cllrs. Harris, Barrett, Paterson and Henderson):

CONSIDERATION OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED IN BETWEEN MEETINGS:  None.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON PLANNING APPLICATIONS, IF ANY: None.

DECISION NOTICES FROM NNDC:PERMISSION

Ref.: PF/13/0050: Damson House, Station Road: Erection of two-storey side/rear extension to provide annexe accommodation.  

Leisure and Recreation: (Cllrs. Rance and Barrett).

HISTORY WALKS:  No further information available.

PHOTOGRAPHIC PRODUCTION TEAM: Cllr. Barrett sent an email stating that photos will soon be put on the website; this has been delayed because of absence and illness.

SIGNAGE FOR OUTDOOR FITNESS EQUIPMENT: Warning signs from Wicksteed are approx. £150.00 for a wall mounted sign (kicking board) of £310.00 for a post one. All agreed this was too expensive, local sign writers will be considered as well as maybe putting the sign on the gate. 

Highways:

PROGRESS OF EXTENSION OF FOOTPATH ALONG PLAYING FIELD TO M CARTER CLOSE:  Cllr. Henderson apologised that there had been no progress due to work commitments.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE WHETHER TO ASK FOR GRANTS FOR TROTPATHS FROM SCHOOL TO LYNGATE AND ALONG STATION ROAD: The Clerk and Simon Briggs, Highways visited the sites and the best and probably the cheapest (no curbing needed) option would be on the inside of hedges. S. Briggs will submit plans and costing for the Council to consider (25% will have to be paid by the Council) after which the landowner will have be approached for permission and the public will have to be consulted.On Station Road the verges in front of the houses belong to Highways, but some would be too narrow and curbing will be necessary because of HGVs and tractors.

Queen Elizabeth Hall: (Cllr. Harris): The financial situation at present is not good with electricity costs being very high. A big wedding planned for the summer has been cancelled.The Clerk has forwarded information about possible grants to insulate areas in the building and lower the ceiling to reduce the gas bill.

QUIZ NIGHT AND STEW AND MASH 19.04 2013: Although only 3 teams have come forward as of yet, the event is still on.

PROGRESS REPORTS / CONSIDERATION/RESOLUTION OF ISSUES RAISED FROM THE FOLLOWING:

GRAVEYARD EXTENSION: Cllr. Henderson said that there are no material objections from NNDC and NCC but the Environment Agency wanted to see extraction maps for any water, which have been received from Anglian Water. With Cllr. Bacon this will be sorted.Cllr. Paterson who rents the field will also be asked to pass on some information.

TO CONSIDER AND RESOLVE ISSUES RE. RUIN ROAD AND SURROUNDING AREA: Ruin Road: The Land Registry has rejected the request to have the road registered to the Parish Council, because there is not enough evidence of the maintenance on either site of the road. J. Care, solicitor, advised to apply for a Right of Way which can be included with the PRoW along the White Lady towards the Hall and Ruin Road.

Public Right of Way past The White Lady: This will now include Ruin Road to Westwick Road as well.

TREE IN CHURCH YARD: NNDC is looking into more restorative work to be carried out as well as making save the tree. A faculty from the Diocese may be necessary, further information may be available next week.

MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION: (for information only)

– A letter to the Worstead Festival Committee was copied to the Parish Council. The resident asked the Committee to consider installing an all-weather pitch which would be beneficially for Worstead Wolves FC (the majority of members are from outside the parish) but also for Worstead School and anybody who wanted to play a game on it.Cllr. O’Hara felt this was more for towns rather than our village which was agreed to. Cllr. Henderson thought managing this project as well as the maintenance of not was not achievable and far too expensive.Cllr. bacon said he would inform the resident on behalf of both the Festival and the Parish Council.

– Cllr. Henderson would like to see the area in front of the Queen Elizabeth Hall turned into a wild life garden. He will get a team together to clear it, so that the Youth Club, contacted by the Clerk can go ahead to make it bee friendly.

ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA: (TUESDAY 23 APRIL 7.30PM):

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING: Annual Report by the Chairman and Worstead Clubs etc. will be invited to give information about their Club and how they are getting on.

MONTHLY MEETING:Progress reports, if any: – Extension graveyar; – Ruin Road and surrounding area; – Handyman and Community Payback; – Maintenance of tree in churchyard; – Tree in Churchyard.      

Meeting finished at 20.48

REPORT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 26 MARCH 2013 IN THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HALL

PCSO CAMPBELL was able to report that no crimes had been committed and only 3 calls were made to the Police: Grade C: 2: concerns for safety and lost dog; Grade D: 1 Anti Social Behaviour which has been dealt with.

She confirmed that one speed check had been carried out with all people abiding by the law.

SNT Priorities (will change on 13.04.2013): 1: Vehicle ASB on Midland Road: reports of ASB noise and littering in and around Midland Road; 2: Speeding along Yarmouth Road and Thirlby Road: complaints had been received; 3: ASB in North Walsham: on the increase, especially at the back of the Community Centre.PCSO Campbell was thanked for her report and asked to keep up the good work. She left immediately.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: Two members of the Public explained to the Council that they had lived in the village for 30 years, including 10 years having commercial holiday accommodation. This accommodation started as an annexe above the garage but was changed to a 3 bedroom holiday accommodation. Rules to change the use of holiday accommodation have changed, making it more complicated to make the change. The couple felt that there is enough holiday accommodation in the village with the White Lady intending to have 3 dwellings available. They intend to apply for change of use from holiday accommodation to permanent residential occupation.One member informed the Council that the stainless steel chimney on the restaurant still has the cladding missing, she wondered if she had to get in touch with the Planning Dept. again. It appears to be that the cladding is under construction being made of glass fibre, which needs very little support. Chairman Cole will ask for a progress report.

HANDYMAN: Mr. Chapman only reported that the restaurant was opened on Monday 25 March and open to all for tea, coffee, cakes etc.

MRS. I. FRITH, NRCC used to live in the village, told all present that the funding for the “Village Agent” started last September and will last until November 2013. Broadland District Council is the biggest financial sponsor, with NNDC contributing some as well.They started with 3 employees, but now 5 cover the parishes around Cromer, Aylsham and North Walsham.The Village Agent is there to support people who have problems accessing services: transport, access to courses etc. Funding for this project will continue, if there is enough interest in using this “Village Agent” project.Mrs. Frith was asked for an article in May’s newsletter and the leaflets can be inserted so that all people are aware of this valuable service. She was thanked for her input, she left immediately.Mr. Norman Smith, Erpingham introduced himself as the Conservative candidate for Norfolk County Council for the Worstead Ward. He left immediately.
DISTRICT / COUNTY COUNCILLOR:District Cllr. Williams: He informed all present that he is involved in the Community Liaison Reference Group, which consists of about 50 people from the surrounding parishes, County and District Council members.A Consultancy has been employed to look at improvements to Highways. It appears that most of the area will be returned to agriculture, but also used for renewables and commercial enterprise. What to do with the big hangars is at present the biggest concerns.Luckily, Heritage is seen as very important, with the “Spirit of Coltishall” in situ. A link may be established with the Bure Railway to encourage tourism.Consultation will continue until June, Norfolk County Council’s website has a link to the Coltishall base where you can read all ideas but also input your own.
CORRESPONDENCE:North Norfolk District Council: Notice of County Council Election; – Ms. T. Brooks: letter to Worstead Festival Committee copied to Parish Council; – Came & Company: Insurance newsletter; – Online Playgrounds booklet; – Norfolk Rural Community Council: outcome survey, Signpost newsletter; – K&M Lighting Services: information about street lighting.

B:      Correspondence for Worstead Charities:          

– CCLA@ Statement of Account

 

Comments are closed.